Foundational Financial Principles
- We will look to God in prayer for the needs of our Mission. God is the One we trust to provide for this ministry and for the needs of the missionaries who serve with us. We will communicate genuine needs with prayer supporters and local churches but we reject any form of manipulation to garner funding. We will pray and trust God who has promised to provide for His work, we will trust Him to move others to give.
- We will not go into debt to expand our ministry. We believe that God has a purpose for this ministry and that He can and will provide for expansion and development according to His will. We will not incur debt to further the work.
- We will remember that a laborer is worthy of his hire. We seek to demonstrate that God is able and willing to provide for His servants. We will therefore pay our mission in the USA and staff in other countries in a way that honors them and reflects the value of their service for God. This will not be done in a way that lends itself to luxury or excess, but with a sensitivity to maintain a standard of living that reflects those who are giving to this ministry.
Missionary Support Plan
Financial support differs based upon geography as well as the needs of the missionary family. Support needs will be evaluated regularly to ensure the missionary is appropriately supported. The Director, in conjunction with the missionary’s commissioning church, determines the appropriate level of support necessary for each ministry. Each missionary is responsible for raising and sustaining their support level.
The support level covers (but is not limited to) the following:
- Personal Expenses (Food, Transportation, Clothing, Education, Etc.)
- Ministry Expenses
- Conference Costs (Periodic Field or Area Conferences)
- Travel expenses (Reporting and Recruiting)
- Income Taxes
- Medical Insurance
- Schooling for Children
- Administrative Service Fees *
Should a missionary receive support in excess of their monthly salary, those funds will be held in an escrow account for those months where their support is not fully achieved or for a particular ministry need.
Each IBMGlobal missionary is encouraged to provide for retirement. Retirement planning will be provided for those who wish to participate.
* Funding for IBMGlobal is achieved through local churches and individual donors who sacrificially give to support the Mission’s vision as well as from the administrative service fees charged to the missionary. The administrative fee is $425 per month per missionary unit. Missionaries with personal support under $4250 per month are charged at a rate of 10%.