During the recent IBMGlobal Candidate Conference, Larry Clouse, the Director of IBMGlobal, shared the practical steps he used to plant churches in the South Pacific and in New England.
- Make friends everywhere you go.
- Win people to Christ.
- Intentionally disciple those who respond to the gospel.
- Organize the new converts into a Bible study.
- Move the Bible Study to Sunday morning.
- Train the disciples to do the work of ministry.
- Organize the new assembly.
- Develop and hand-off leadership.
- Reproduce another congregation.
If you are interested in reading a helpful book on cross-cultural church planting, David Hesselgrave has written a helpful book entitled: Planting Churches Cross-Culurally: North America and Beyond. You can purchase the Kindle edition here.
For more helpful information about church planting, check out our website http://www.ibmglobal.org.